Tuesday 25 November 2014

Acceptance and Judgement

Acceptance in my mind right now is a meaningless term created to make us all feel better.
We act in a certain way around people, so that they accept us "for who we are" and that we do not feel judged.
I would go so far as to say that what we show people, is a part of who we are. But we all filter at some point. Because society dictates a certain behavioral pattern in certain social constructs.

As much as I would love to say "I don't care", as much as I would love to scream "Fuck this!", I cannot, for we all need top fit in. In our own unique way we need to accept other people and be accepted. We need to feel accepted.

There are a lucky few who have people around them that they can be themselves around. But even then I suspect that certain ideas and thoughts are filtered, just because you are never quite sure how people will react to what you have to say. How they will react t o the thoughts in your evil little mind.

And as much as we wouldn't want to be judged, and as much as we would want to be accepted, we do exactly that to the people around us. We see what we want to see and then pigeonhole them, and in doing so we judge them.

I see people living in constant fear of acceptance and judgement. There are times that I am one of them, and there are times that I am lucky enough to break free. I only hope that I can one day be completely free and see the world and the people in it for who they really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment